-->
  • 06:44

Mini Habits for Weight Loss

(This is NOT a diet (verb) book, but a book about diet (noun)). 

Before you read understand that everyone has their own opinion, their own plan. My blogs are my opinion. I am not a scientist, or a doctor. I am not telling anyone what to do. I am not telling anyone to live life a certain way. I am stating what I read and how I feel about it. OK, let’s move on….. 

Exercise matters: 
According to the book, short term studies show that most diets work without the help of exercise, while long-term studies show that most diets don’t work and that exercise is one of the key factors in successful and lasting weight loss. How it improves long term weight loss is not 100% understood. Exercise “may help to rebalance how the body intakes and uses energy (metabolism).” 

He states that even if you are not losing weight, you could still be losing fat. That will help you feel and look better. It is not about burning calories. “It’s about the metabolic, anti-inflammatory, and circulatory benefits.” 

Then he talks about “me” when he says that if you are not doing it, it is probably because you do not enjoy doing it. He says his Mini Habits can change how I feel. I already do the 1 push up and a few crunches a day... so maybe he is right. I do them every morning. 

Other factors indirectly affect weight loss: 
Sleep, stress, fun, simultaneous change (change diet and exercise at the same time), and gut health (yay to fermented foods). Sorry not going into detail on these. 

OK I am almost at the point where the Habits will be introduced! He says they will be more fun than any other weight loss plan I’ve tried before. Well I have used and lost on Weight Watchers and also followed the “No S Diet”, but binged on weekends. It is a great “diet” but was not for a person like me. I am diet free as of 3/17. I did learn a lot from both but I choose to put the responsibility on me, not on a diet plan that I can blame. 

He also says that the mini habits will decrease my stress levels. YAY! Less demands on myself means I will be more relaxed. 

Next time I will comment on Part Two: He takes all of the info he gave me and puts it into an actionable strategy that works. 
0fdf948685950154ea30fabd992551f6
EN_120x600_garcinia-cambogia

Popular Posts

P375_EN_241x374_BannerCouple2